1. Contrary to popular belief, waking up early isn’t going to drastically alter your life or effect how you’re feeling. So sleep till noon and relish in the way laying in bed all day makes you feel a little more human.
2. Drinking your coffee ‘black’ doesn’t make you cooler or more sophisticated than the rest of us who load in milk and sugar.
3. Being unimpressed by everything makes you look like a twat. Get excited, be overly passionate about something. Enthusiasm is fun.
4. Hating yourself isn’t romantic.
5. Eat whatever you want. your friend’s a vegan? Awesome. Listen to her talk about how great she feels because of it while you tuck in to some chocolate cake. Tell her you feel just as great."
"tír gan teanga, tír gan anam." ur mommas a smart lady who knows what shes talking about
This is a bigger deal than this post lets on. The British came into Ireland and did everything they could to erase the Irish culture. They renamed everything on maps to get rid of the colloquial names of landmarks and roads and things that had been used for centuries. They also prevented the Irish language’s usage in education and government which has reduced its usage to under 80,000 people who use it outside of the educational system today (after a cultural revival).
LABHAIR AN TEANGA GAEILGE LIOM, MO STÓR
VIVA AN GAEILGE
Had this convo with my dad the other day. I think we should always protect our culture at all cost.
The loss of the Irish language at this point would be one of British Imperialism’s most devastating triumphs over the Irish people. Cultural Imperialism taught us that we were less, that we were backwards, that our language was that of peasants and vagrants. If we let Irish die it will be the most literal silencing of all. Forgoing our own words for theirs. We should all make the effort to use whatever “cúpla focal” we have, even if all you can say is “An bhfuil cead again dúl go dtí an leithreas.” It is especially important to use Irish on social sites like this. We need to make Irish a living language again.
Is fearr Gaeilge bhriste, ná Béarla cliste.
This doesn’t even cover it, though… The British also tore down Irish structures and replaced them all with British ones… Even now, all those Irish towns and Irish pubs that we think of as iconic are what the British built. They also outlawed Irish music and dance, and ordered that all the Irish harps be destroyed.
Stop moaning about it on fucking Tumblr and learn/teach Irish then! Whining about it on this website isn’t going to change what my ancestors did.
nobodys whining about it we’re discussing the importance of not letting our culture become entirely erased because of what your poxy ancestors did so shut the fuck up and eat your crumpets and tea m8